Earl G. Graves Limited is a multifaceted communications company, founded in 1968 by Earl G. Graves, Sr., is the publisher of Black Entreprise magazine and BlackEntreprise.com.
The Companies operations are divided into three divisions:
- Earl G. Graves Publishing Company - print and electronic publishing
- Black Enterprise Unlimited - ancillary products and services
- Black Enterprise/Greenwich Street Corporate Growth Fund â€“ private equity funding
Earl G. Graves Publishing Company
* BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine - your ultimate guide to financial empowerment - was founded in 1970. It is the premier business news source for African Americans. BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine provides essential business information and advice for professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs and decision-makers. Monthly, the publication provides more than 4.1 million readers with information on financial management, entrepreneurship and careers. BLACK ENTERPRISE is the authority for business and trends and is the source of information for and about African American business markets, and its leaders.
* BLACK ENTERPRISE â€™s Teenpreneur, launched in October 2002, is aimed at youth ages 13-18. Positioned as BLACK ENTERPRISE for the next generation, Teenpreneur is published quarterly and packaged as a special editorial section within the pages of BLACK ENTERPRISE.
* The Black Wealth Initiative, introduced in January 2000, is a comprehensive wealth-building program, designed to provide African Americans with the tools essential to seeking and acquiring financial empowerment. At the very core of this wealth-building campaign is DOFE â€“ BLACK ENTERPRISEâ€™s Declaration of Financial Empowerment, a document of 10 principles developed to help people make a commitment to amassing wealth. To learn more about B.E.â€™s Black Wealth Initiative or to order the BLACK ENTERPRISE Wealth Building Kit, call us toll-free at 1-877-WEALTHY or visit www.blackenterprise.com.
* BLACK ENTERPRISE Books â€“ in collaboration with John Wiley & Sons, Inc., an independent, global book publisher, provides a series of business and general interest books by and about African American professionals and entrepreneurs:
* www.blackenterprise.com is the virtual desktop for African Americans. Featuring over 150 industry specific content categories, personalized homepages and an exclusive Black Stock Index, its role is to enhance business development and networking opportunities for individuals and corporations seeking to access information pertaining to or seeking to do business with African Americans. Originally launched in 1996 as B.E. Online, the site provides utility through original content, tools and strategic alliances with industry leaders such as YellowBrix, ShareBuilder, Franchise Solutions, FinancialContent.com and Black Wealth Network. For more information visit www.blackenterprise.com.
Black Enterprise Unlimited
* Black Enterprise Unlimited creates products and services that address the business, financial and lifestyle needs of the magazineâ€™s subscribers:
* Launched in 1996 at Walt Disney World in Orlando, TX, the Black Enterprise/General Motors Entrepreneurs Conference features four days of seminars, networking and free exchange of ideas. Held annually in May, it is the largest gathering of African American entrepreneurs in the country. Key features of the event are the B.E. 100s Strategic Summit, a networking opportunity for the nationâ€™s top black-owned businesses and the Kidpreneurs Conference, an instructional component designed to teach the rudiments of entrepreneurship to children between the ages of 3 to 17. Effective 2004, the Black Enterprise/General Motors Entrepreneurs Conference will relocate to the Wyndham Anatole Hotel in Dallas, TX.
Black Enterprise/Greenwich Street Corporate Growth Fund
* The Black Enterprise/Greenwich Street Corporate Growth Fund is a private equity investment fund sponsored by BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine and Travelers Group, a predecessor of Citigroup. The fundâ€™s aim is to finance the growth of established minority-owned or managed businesses. It is the first ever established by a major financial services firm to invest specifically in established minority-owned or managed businesses.
130 5th Ave., 10th Fl.
<link http: www.blackenterprise.com>www.blackenterprise.com
Chairman, Publisher, and CEO: Earl G. Graves Sr.
President and COO: Earl G. (Butch) Graves Jr.
CFO: Jacques Jiha
Fiscal Year End:
Company Type :