Amani Duncan, is the President, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, USA, since September 2020.
Personal Attributes and Interests
- She currently resides in South Orange, New Jersey, with her husband, two stepsons, and her French bulldog Samantha.
Veteran marketer and brand strategist Amani Duncan has spent nearly three decades helping brands grow their audience through strategic partnerships.
- Prior to BBH NY, Duncan served as MTV’s Senior Vice President of Music, where she strengthened the network’s relationships with innovative artist-driven initiatives, strategic campaigns and the creation of music content, and breathed new life into classic shows like TRL, Fear Factor and Unplugged.
- Before joining MTV, Duncan served as Head of Brand Marketing at C.F. Martin & Co (Martin Guitar), helping to reimagine the timeless brand.
- She also worked as Chief Marketing Officer at Sean Combs’ Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment Group, overseeing the company’s many verticals, including fragrances, clothing, music, TV/film, spirits and charitable initiatives.
- She also worked as Senior Vice President Marketing at Capitol Music Group.
Board and Advisor Roles
- She’s a founding member of Chief, a private network designed specifically for women leaders — rising VP level through CEO — to strengthen their experience in the C-suite, cross-pollinate power across industries, and effect change from the top-down.
- She has been profiled by Billboard, Fast Company, Huffington Post and The Wall Street Journal.
Philanthropy, Community Service and Memberships
Ms. Duncan champions her message of empowerment and self-determination to women across the marketing and entertainment industries.
- Ms. Duncan earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and Government from California State University-Northridge.
- She also earned a Leadership at the Peak Certification from the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®).