Charles D. King is the Founder, CEO of MACRO, since January 2017. MACRO, is a multi-platform media company representing the voice and perspectives of Black people and people of colour. Mr. King casts the overall vision, mission and strategic goals for the company and its multiple business verticals. He oversees the company’s focus on creating, developing, producing and financing film, television, digital content and brands driven by people of colour.
Formerly a partner and senior agent at William Morris Endeavor, Mr. King was the first African-American partner in the company’s 100+ year history and the first ever African-American partner at any major talent agency.
Known industry wide for his innovative deal-making, keen eye for talent and strategic long-horizon thinking, Mr. King’s list of notable clients spanned every sector of the entertainment industry, including acclaimed filmmakers, music icons, media moguls and innovators.
He is also an angel investor, dedicated philanthropist, member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences and The Television Academy.
Personal Attributes and Interests
- He resides in Los Angeles with his wife, Stacey Walker King, and their two sons.
- Chief Executive Officer & Founder, MACRO, Full-time
- Co-Founder & Special General Partner, MaC Venture Capital
- Co-Founder & General Partner, M Ventures
- Partner/ Motion Picture Agent, William Morris Endeavor
- Senior VP, Motion Picture Agent, William Morris Agency
- Law Clerk, AOL
- Law Clerk, MTV Networks / Logo
Board and Advisor Roles
- National Vice Chair, Member, Board of Directors, THINK450
- Honouree, Issued by Variety 500, Dec 2021
- PGA Vision Award, Issued by UCLA School of Theater, Film & Television, Jun 2021
- The Hollywood Professional Association Star Award, Issued by HPA ALL - HPA League Honours, May 2021
- Honouree, Issued by Variety 500, Dec 2020
- The 100 Most Powerful People in Entertainment 2019, Issued by The Hollywood Reporter, Oct 2019
- Trailblazer Award, Issued by Black Entertainment Sports Lawyers Association, Oct 2019
- Trailblazer Award, Issued by Howard University School of Law, Apr 2019
- Doctor of Humane Letters, Issued by Howard University, Mar 2019
- Honouree, Issued by Variety 500, Jan 2019
- Power 100 List, Issued by Ebony Magazine, Oct 2018
- Innovators & Leaders Award, Issued by The Culture Creators, Jun 2018
- Honouree, Issued by Variety 500, Jan 2018
- Most Creative People In Business, Issued by Fast Company, Jan 2018
- The North Star Award, Issued by National Cares Mentoring Movement, Jan 2017
- Game Changer Award, Issued by New Global Paradigm for Entertainment, Arts and Sports Symposium, Sep 2015
- Power 100 List, Issued by Ebony Magazine, Nov 2014
- The Catalyst Award, Issued by 8th Annual ADCOLOR Conference & Awards, Sep 2014
- 45 CUP Catalyst: Change Agents in Finance, Law, and Media & Entertainment, Issued by Council Of Urban Professionals, Jan 2012
- The Grio's 100, Issued by Grio.com, Jan 2010
- Howard University Distinguished Alumni Award, Issued by Howard University, Mar 2009
Philanthropy, Community Service and Memberships
- Member Board Of Trustees, Sundance Institute
- National Board Member- Vice Chair, College Track
- Board Of Visitors, Howard University School of Law
- LA Board of Governors, The Paley Center for Media
- Reframe Ambassador, Women In Film
- Advisory Board, UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television
- West Coast Board of Directors, Peabody Awards
- Doctor of Law (J.D.), Howard University School of Law, 1996.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science and Government, Vanderbilt University, 1991.