Cheryl McKissack Daniel, is the President and CEO of McKissack & McKissack, since May 1991. McKissack & McKissack is an American architecture, engineering, program management and construction firm based in Washington, D.C. It is the oldest minority-owned architecture and construction company in the United States.
Ms. Daniel leads the firm with more than 30 years of experience in all phases of the construction industry and provides executive leadership for project implementation. She serves as Principal-in-Charge and Project Executive on numerous high-profile projects, including major work in the commercial, healthcare, education and transportation sectors and is actively involved in project oversight and management, ensuring that diversity is implemented during each phase of a project or program.
Ms. Daniel is the fifth generation of the McKissack family business which was founded in 1905.
- President and CEO of McKissack & McKissack
Board and Advisor Roles
- Ms. Daniel is a member of the board of directors of New York Building Congress.
- Ms. Daniel has been honoured as a “Hero of Liberty” for her support of humanitarian initiatives and for promoting the responsibilities of a free and diverse America.
- She was named the 2021 Savoy Magazine’s Most Influential Black Corporate Director.
- She was awarded the 2021 FT ODX Outstanding Director Award.
- She has also received a Legacy Award from the Women's Builders Council.
- She was named to the City and State of New York’s Power 50 List.
- Master’s Degree, Civil Engineering, Howard University, 1983.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Civil Engineering, Howard University, 1981.