Dr. Dambisa Moyo, is the Board Member of 3M, since August 2018. She is an international economist who writes on macroeconomics and global affairs.
She has worked for the World Bank from 1993 to 1995 and for Goldman Sachs for eight years until November 2008 in the debt capital markets, hedge funds coverage and global macroeconomics teams.
Ms. Moyo is the author of the New York Times Best Sellers "Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa", "How The West Was Lost: Fifty Years of Economic Folly "“ And the Stark Choices Ahead" and "Winner Take All: China's Race for Resources and What It Means for the World".
Ms. Moyo was named by Time Magazine in 2009 as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World, and was named to the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders Forum. Her work regularly appears in economic and finance-related publications such as the Financial Times, the Economist Magazine and the Wall Street Journal.
"One has to be open-minded about everything. I grew up in a poor economy. Throughout my life there have been people who said things like, "You can't do it. You can't go to Harvard. You can't go to Oxford." But I grew up in a home where my parents never discouraged us from doing anything," Moyo said in a 2011 interview with Forbes.
- Debt Capital Markets, Hedge Fund Coverage, Global Macroeconomics, Goldman Sachs
- Consultant, The World Bank
Board and Advisor Roles
- Board Member, 3M
- Board Member, Chevron
- Board Member, Barclays
- Board Member, Barrick Gold Corporation
- Board Member, Seagate Technology
- Board Member, SABMiller
- Oxford Union, 2017.
- Daily Beast: 150 Extraordinary Women Who Shake the World, 2010.
- Evening Standard: London's Most Influential People, 2015.
- FT/McKinsey Judge, Best Business Book of the Year, 2015-2017.
- Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute and WorldPost: World’s Most Influential Thought Leader, 2015.
- Handelsblatt: 25 Most Influential Economists, 2015.
- Oprah Winfrey's First Ever Power List, 2009.
- The Hayek Lifetime Achievement Award, 2013.
- Thinkers 50: Thinker of the Month, April 2015.
- Time 100: The World's Most Influential People, 2009.
- World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, 2009.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D, Economics, University of Oxford.
- Master of Public Administration, M.P.A., Harvard University.
- Master of Business Administration, M.B.A. and Bachelor of Science, B.S., Chemistry & Finance, American University.