Deborah C. Wright, is the former Chairman, CEO, President of Carver Bancorp, Inc., from 1999 - 2016. Carver Bancorp, Inc. is the holding company for Carver Federal Savings Bank, the largest black owned bank in the U.S. and possibly the first to reach $1 billion in assets.
- Managing Director of U.S. Jobs and Economic Opportunity, Rockefeller Foundation, 2018 to 2020
- Chairman, Carver Bancorp, Inc., 2005 to 2016
- President and Chief Executive Officer of Carver Bancorp, Inc. and Carver Federal Savings Bank, 1999 to 2014
- President and Chief Executive Officer of the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation, a redevelopment fund, 1996 to 1999
- Commissioner of the Department of Housing Preservation and Development, 1994 to 1996
Board and Advisor Roles
- Director of Citigroup since 2017
- Board member of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Member of the New York City Housing Authority Board, 1992 to 1994 and served on the New York City Planning Commission, 1990 to 1992
- Board member of American Baptist Churches In The U.S.A.
- Board member of Kraft Foods Inc.,
- Board member of Time Warner Inc.,
- Board member of the Children's Defense Fund
- Board member of the Partnership for New York City
- The American Banker, named Ms. Wright “Community Banker of the Year” in December of 2003
- Bachelor's and Masters in Business Administration and Juris Doctor degrees from Harvard University.