Edith W. Cooper is a co-founder of Medley, a membership-based community for personal and professional growth that launched in September 2020.
Ms. Cooper was Senior Director (Jan. 2018) and former Global Head of Human Capital Management of Goldman Sachs from March 2008 to December 2017. She serves as vice chair of the Partnership Committee,a member of the Management Committee,and on various other committees at the firm. Previously, Ms. Cooper was in Sales Management within the Securities Division.
Ms. Cooper first joined Goldman Sachs in 1996 to build and lead the firm's Energy Sales group in New York. In 2000, she became the co-head of the commodity business in Europe and Asia, based in London. She assumed responsibility for the firm's Futures business in 2002. Ms. Cooper was named managing director in 1998 and partner in 2000.
Prior to joining Goldman Sachs, Ms. Cooper spent a combined ten years at Morgan Stanley and Bankers Trust, structuring and marketing derivatives.
Board and Advisor Roles
- Member of the board of directors, Amazon.com, Inc., since September 2021.
- Member of the board of directors, of PepsiCo, Inc. since September 2021.
- Member of the board of MSD Acquisition Corp. since March 2021.
- Member of the board of EQT AB since October 2018.
- Former member of the board of directors, Etsy, Inc. from April 2018 to September 2021.
- Former member of the board of directors, Slack Technologies, Inc. from January 2018 to July 2021.
- She was honored with a legacy award at the 2018 Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit.
- Black Enterprise’s 2017, 300 Most Powerful Executives in Corporate America.
- Most Powerful Women 2017, Crain's.
- 2015 Black Enterprise, 50 Most Powerful Women in Corporate America
Philanthropy, Community Service and Memberships
Ms. Cooper also serves on the board of directors of several non-profit organizations, including the Museum of Modern Art, the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture and Mount Sinai Hospital, as well as the Northwestern University Board of Trustees. She's also a member of the Boards of Directors of Horizons at Brunswick School and ExpandED Schools.
Ms. Cooper earned an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and a Bachelor of Arts from Harvard and Radcliffe Colleges.