Occupation: film and television producer, businessman;
Position: Founder & CEO;
Company: The Black List, LLC;
Residence: United States;
Nationality: Trinidadian and Tobagonian, American;
Franklin Leonard, is the Founder & CEO of The Black List, since November 2010. The Black List, is an annual ranking of the year's best unproduced scripts, picked by some 300 Hollywood, New York, and London film insiders. His TED talk "How I accidentally changed the way movies get made" has more than 1.7 million views since October 2017.
- Founder and CEO,The Black List Graphic.
- Vice President, Creative Affairs, Overbrook Entertainment.
- Director of Development and Production, Universal Pictures.
- Development Executive, Mirage Enterprises.
- Development Executive, Appian Way Productions.
- Development Executive, John Goldwyn Productions.
- Motion Picture Lit Assistant, Creative Artists Agency.
- Business Analyst, McKinsey & Company.
- Weekly Columnist, Trinidad Guardian.
- Communications Director, Cranley for Congress.
Board and Advisor Roles
- He’s a member of the Board of Directors, American Cinematheque.
- Writers Guild of America, East, Evelyn Burkey Award, 2019.
- African American Film Critics Association, Horizon Award, 2015.
- Black Enterprise Magazine, 40 Emerging Leaders for our Future, 2010.
- Fast Company Magazine, 100 Most Creative People in Business, 2010.
- The Hollywood Reporter, Hollywood Reporter Next Gen, 2009.
- Mr. Leonard earned a B.A. Magna Cum Laude, Social Studies, 2000, Harvard University.
Please Support Our Partners
This week's selection of outstandng Black entrepreneurs & executives
David L. StewardCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Born: July 2, 1951, Chicago, Illinois, United States;
Position: Chairman & Founder;
Company: World Wide Technology…
Recently Added Black Entrepreneurs & Executives
Isiah Thomas is Chairman and CEO of Isiah International, a holding company with interests in a diversified portfolio of companies, founded in…
Macky TallCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Macky Tall is a Partner and Chair of Carlyle’s Global Infrastructure Group, which includes efforts across transportation, renewables, energy, power,…
KeJuan WilkinsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
KeJuan Wilkins is EVP, Chief Communications Officer at NIKE, Inc., where he guides all corporate, consumer and employee communications including the…
Latest News & Articles
Sean Combs Launches “Diddy Direct” A Service To Makes It Easier To Purchase His Sprites
Diddy Direct is a platform created for retailers and consumers to locate, request, and purchase Combs Spirits. The platform offers direct access to…
Financial Literacy for Black AmericansCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Financial literacy is the ability to understand and manage one's personal finances. It involves skills such as budgeting, saving, investing, and…
Jobs: Wendt Center Board of Directors Recruitment
The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, is currently recruiting for Board members who have experience in any of the following areas: Non-profit…
If You Like Our Content, Please Consider Making A Small Donation.
Recently Updated Black Entrepreneurs & Executives Profiles
Sim TshabalalaCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Simphiwe Tshabalala, is Group CEO and Executive Director of Standard Bank, Africa’s largest bank by assets and the 421th largest publicly traded…
Craig WilliamsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Craig Anthony Williams has served as the President, Geographies & Marketplace, NIKE, Inc. since May 2023, where he leads a cross-functional team…
G. Scott UzzellCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
G. Scott Uzzell is Vice President/GM, North America, NIKE Inc., since May 2023. He was previously President & CEO of Converse, Inc., where he was…
FTC: Black Entrepreneur & Executive Profiles is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links. You support us by using our links to buy products, it will cost you nothing extra.
We also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.