Franklin Leonard, is the Founder & CEO of The Black List, since November 2010. The Black List, is an annual ranking of the year's best unproduced scripts, picked by some 300 Hollywood, New York, and London film insiders. His TED talk "How I accidentally changed the way movies get made" has more than 1.7 million views since October 2017.
- Founder and CEO,The Black List Graphic.
- Vice President, Creative Affairs, Overbrook Entertainment.
- Director of Development and Production, Universal Pictures.
- Development Executive, Mirage Enterprises.
- Development Executive, Appian Way Productions.
- Development Executive, John Goldwyn Productions.
- Motion Picture Lit Assistant, Creative Artists Agency.
- Business Analyst, McKinsey & Company.
- Weekly Columnist, Trinidad Guardian.
- Communications Director, Cranley for Congress.
Board and Advisor Roles
- He’s a member of the Board of Directors, American Cinematheque.
- Writers Guild of America, East, Evelyn Burkey Award, 2019.
- African American Film Critics Association, Horizon Award, 2015.
- Black Enterprise Magazine, 40 Emerging Leaders for our Future, 2010.
- Fast Company Magazine, 100 Most Creative People in Business, 2010.
- The Hollywood Reporter, Hollywood Reporter Next Gen, 2009.
- Mr. Leonard earned a B.A. Magna Cum Laude, Social Studies, 2000, Harvard University.