Position: Executive Vice President of Global Supply Chain;
Company: Starbucks Corporation;
Industry: Food & Beverage;
Residence: United States;
George Dowdie, is Executive Vice President of Global Supply Chain for Starbucks, the world's largest coffeehouse chain, since October 2013. He is responsible for Starbucks end-to-end supply chain, including procurement, manufacturing, and distribution, as well as critical quality and food safety initiatives. In this leadership role, Mr. Dowdie shapes and operationalizes supply chain strategies that enable the Starbucks Experience globally.
Mr. Dowdie has extensive experience in food safety and quality strategy, research and development, new product development and commercialization, innovation management, and new business development across a broad range of consumer products.
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Mr. Dowdie enjoys golf, travel, and spending time with his family. His favourite Starbucks beverage is a tall Americano with steamed milk.
- Senior VP of Global Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory, Starbucks.
- Senior VP Global R&D and Quality, Campbell Soup Company, 10 years.
- Held leadership role, Pernod Ricard.
- Held leadership role, Joseph E. Seagram & Sons.
- Held leadership role, Frito-Lay, 9 years.
Board and Advisor Roles
- Member of the Board of Directors, Conagra Brands, Inc.
- Mr. Dowdie was recognized with Campbell's Influence With Honor leadership award in 2005.
Philanthropy, Community Service and Memberships
- He is a member of the Institute of Food Technologists.
- Completed the Advanced Management Program at the Harvard Graduate School of Business
- He has completed the Executive Management Program at INSEAD Business School in France.
- He has also pursued studies in finance and accounting at The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, operations and technology management at California Institute of Technology, and brand management at the University of Chicago.
- Ph.D. in Food Science and Technology from Louisiana State University
- B.S. from Tuskegee University
Please Support Our Partners
This week's selection of outstandng Black entrepreneurs & executives
David L. StewardCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Born: July 2, 1951, Chicago, Illinois, United States;
Position: Chairman & Founder;
Company: World Wide Technology…
Recently Added Black Entrepreneurs & Executives
Isiah Thomas is Chairman and CEO of Isiah International, a holding company with interests in a diversified portfolio of companies, founded in…
Macky TallCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Macky Tall is a Partner and Chair of Carlyle’s Global Infrastructure Group, which includes efforts across transportation, renewables, energy, power,…
KeJuan WilkinsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
KeJuan Wilkins is EVP, Chief Communications Officer at NIKE, Inc., where he guides all corporate, consumer and employee communications including the…
Latest News & Articles
Sean Combs Launches “Diddy Direct” A Service To Makes It Easier To Purchase His Sprites
Diddy Direct is a platform created for retailers and consumers to locate, request, and purchase Combs Spirits. The platform offers direct access to…
Financial Literacy for Black AmericansCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Financial literacy is the ability to understand and manage one's personal finances. It involves skills such as budgeting, saving, investing, and…
Jobs: Wendt Center Board of Directors Recruitment
The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, is currently recruiting for Board members who have experience in any of the following areas: Non-profit…
If You Like Our Content, Please Consider Making A Small Donation.
Recently Updated Black Entrepreneurs & Executives Profiles
Sim TshabalalaCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Simphiwe Tshabalala, is Group CEO and Executive Director of Standard Bank, Africa’s largest bank by assets and the 421th largest publicly traded…
Craig WilliamsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Craig Anthony Williams has served as the President, Geographies & Marketplace, NIKE, Inc. since May 2023, where he leads a cross-functional team…
G. Scott UzzellCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
G. Scott Uzzell is Vice President/GM, North America, NIKE Inc., since May 2023. He was previously President & CEO of Converse, Inc., where he was…
FTC: Black Entrepreneur & Executive Profiles is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links. You support us by using our links to buy products, it will cost you nothing extra.
We also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.