Katlego Maphai is the co-founder and CEO of Yoco, a point-of-sale payments provider for small businesses in Africa. Yoco was founded in 2013, launched out of beta in October 2015 and has over 100, 000 merchants, processing millions of dollars in annualised transactions.
- Co-founder & CEO, Yoco, Nov 2012 – Present, 8 yrs 11 mos, Cape Town, Yoco offers card payment acceptance, software-driven business tools and working capital.
- Global Venture Development, Rocket Internet GmbH, May 2012 – Nov 2012, 7 mos, Cape Town Area, South Africa.
- Consultant, Delta Partners Group, Investment and Advisory, Sep 2008 – Apr 2012, 3 yrs 8 mos, Johannesburg, Dubai,, Delta Partners is a Telecoms Advisory, Corporate Finance and Private Equity firm serving high growth markets predominantly in the Middle East and Africa.Worked on multiple pan-African and Middle Eastern advisory engagements ranging from Mobile Operator start-ups and Product development, Turnaround and Transformation engagements, Customer Value Development & CRM initiatives, Broadband, Operations improvement and Customer Experience.
- Consultant, Accenture, 2006 – 2008, 2 yrs, Johannesburg Area, South Africa, Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company.Hired into the Communications & Hi-Tech industry practice and eventually moved to Strategy. Involved in multiple consulting engagements predominantly focussed on Mobile Banking and Mobile Content. Developed many of my tactical, detailed planning and execution skills in this environment.
- Intern, PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2003 – 2005, 2 yrs, Provided support on large ICT and business process engagements.
Mr. Maphai earned a Bachelor of Business Science, Information Systems, from the University of Cape Town (2005).