Maceo K. Sloan was Chairman, President & CEO of Sloan Financial Group, Inc. a financial holding company, from 1991 to 2018.
His companies and other ventures operate under the umbrella of either The Sloan Financial Group, Sloan Holdings or Sloan Communications, companies with assets in excess of $5 billion.
Personal Attributes and Interests
- His stated goal is to help make 12 black millionaires.
- Mr. Sloan has served as an attorney for his law firm, Sloan & Associates, since 1979.
- He was previously Chairman, CEO and CIO of NCM Capital Management Group, from 1986 to Jan 2016. NCM Capital, was acquired by Mr. Sloan and his partners from North Carolina Mutual Life Insurance Company in 1991.
- Prior to NCM Capital, Mr. Sloan spent 13 years with North Carolina Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiary, NCM Life Communications, Inc.
Board and Advisor Roles
- Mr. Sloan has been a Trustee for The College Retirement Equities Fund (CREF), since 1991. He served as Chairman, from January 2009 until July 2012.
- He is a former director of SCANA Corporation from 1997 to January 2019.
- He’s also a former director of NCM Capital Investment Trust and M&F Bancorp, Inc. He’s also a former member of the National Board of Advisors of Duke Children’s Hospital and Health Center.
Mr. Sloan received his BA from Morehouse College, MBA from Georgia State University and JD from North Carolina Central University School of Law.