Robyn Rihanna Fenty, is the co-founder of Fenty, Fenty Beauty, Savage X Fenty and founder of Clara Lionel Foundation.
As a businesswoman, Ms. Fenty has had great success in the fashion and cosmetics industry with her Fenty Beauty, the makeup brand she co-owns with luxury goods group LVMH. Which was founded in September 2017 and was estimated to have generated $570 million in revenue in 2019. Forbes estimates the company is worth, conservatively, more than $3 billion.
Fenty (stylized as FEИTY) is a fashion house founded by Rihanna under the luxury fashion group LVMH (Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton) which was founded in 2017 and launched in May 2019 and is based in Paris. The fashion label made Rihanna the first woman and also the first blackwoman to be added to the LVMH group.
Ms. Fenty also co-owns Savage X Fenty lingerie line with Los Angeles-based online fashion firm TechStyle Fashion Group. Launched in spring 2018. Jay-Z’s venture firm Marcy Venture Partners LLC and growth-equity firm Avenir Growth Capital were reported to have invested $50 million into Savage X Fenty. Bringing the total amount invested in the company to roughly $70 million, according to the Wall Street Journal. The company is estimated to have generated $150 million in revenue in 2019.
- In 2018, the Government of Barbados appointed her as an ambassador with duties promoting education, tourism and investment.
- She was the recipient of the 2020 NAACP "President’s Award." The award is presented in recognition of a special achievement and distinguished public service.
- Rihanna is the richest female musician in 2019 according to Forbes.
- 95 million twitter followers
- 79 million instagram followers
- 74 million Facebook followers
- 9 Grammy Awards
- 12 Billboard Music Awards
- 13 American Music Awards
- 8 People's Choice Awards
Ms. Fenty founded the Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) in 2012, in honour of her grandparents, Clara and Lionel Braithwaite. Programs include the Clara Braithwaite Center for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados, and education programs.
Ms. Fenty attended Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School and Combermere High School in Barbados. She did not complete high school because of her music career taking off.