Ron Green is Executive Vice President, Chief Security Officer for Mastercard, where he leads a global team that ensures the safety and security of the company's network, as well as internal and external products and services. He is responsible for corporate security, security architecture and engineering, cryptographic key management, business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency management. Mr. Green is a member of the company’s Management Committee.
- Mr. Green joined Mastercard in 2014 after serving as deputy chief information security officer at Fidelity Information Services (FIS).
- Prior to this position, he was director, Investigation and Protections Operations at Blackberry.
- Mr. Green also served as a senior vice president across several areas at Bank of America.
- He has extensive experience working with international and federal law enforcement agencies both as a special agent in the United States Secret Service and as an officer in the United States Army.
- With the Secret Service, he worked in protection and fraud investigations. He was one of the first agents to receive formal training on seizing and analyzing electronic evidence, and worked on a number of international cyber-crime investigations.
Board and Advisor Roles
- Member - Cybersecurity Advisory Committee, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Dec. 2021.
- Non Executive Director, SailPointSailPoint, since Jul 2021.
- Mr. Green is currently chair of the Financial Services Sector Coordinating Council (FSSCC), since July 2020.
- Member of the US Secret Service, Cyber Investigation Advisory Board, since Sep., 2020.
Mr. Green holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the United States Military Academy at West Point, is a graduate of the FBI’s Domestic Security Executive Academy and holds a graduate certification in Information Assurance from George Washington University.