Salaam Coleman Smith
Born: c. 1970;
Occupation: Businesswoman, Engineer;
Position: former Executive Vice President, ABC Family, Freeform;
Company: The Walt Disney Company;
Industry: Film and Television;
Residence: United States;
Salaam Coleman Smith, is a former Executive Vice President, ABC Family,Freeform of The Walt Disney Company, from 2014 - 2017. Ms. Coleman Smith has been a media industry leader for over 20 years. With her extensive business, creative and operating expertise she has worked with some of the most powerful brands in entertainment.
- The Walt Disney Company,Disney ABC Television Group, Executive Vice President, ABC Family | Freeform, Member, Cross-Division Strategy Team, 3 yrs.
- Comcast, NBCUniversal, Style Media, President, Strategic Initiatives, President, Style Media, Executive Vice President, E! & Style Network, Senior Vice President, E! & Style Network, 11 yrs.
- Viacom, MTV Networks, NickelodeonViacom, MTV Networks, Nickelodeon, 9 yrs.
Board and Advisor Roles
Ms. Coleman Smit is an experienced Board Member with service on private and non-profit boards.
- Pinterest, Member of The Board of Directors, Oct 2020 - Present.
- Gap Inc., Member of The Board of Directors, Mar 2021 - Present
- The Executive Leadership Council (ELC), Member and Past Co-Chair of the Women's Leadership Forum, 2010 - Present.
- The Hollywood Reporter, 100 Most Powerful Women in Entertainment
- CableFax, 50 Most Powerful Women In Cable
- Fortune Magazine, 8 Executives To Watch
- T. Howard Foundation, Diversity Champion Leadership Award
- Women in Cable Telecommunications, Lifetime Achievement Leadership Award
- Ebony Magazine, Power 100 African-Americans
- Savoy Magazine, Top 100 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America
- Black Enterprise Magazine, Top 50 Black Hollywood Powerbrokers
Philanthropy, Community Service and Memberships
- Member of The Board of Directors,Women in Cable Telecommunications,4 yrs.
- Member of The Board of Directors, Dress for Success Worldwide,5 yrs.
- Co-Chair of Services To Youth, Links BHW (CA), The Links, Incorporated, 4 yrs.
Ms. Coleman Smith, holds a Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering from Stanford University.
Please Support Our Partners
This week's selection of outstandng Black entrepreneurs & executives
David L. StewardCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Born: July 2, 1951, Chicago, Illinois, United States;
Position: Chairman & Founder;
Company: World Wide Technology…
Recently Added Black Entrepreneurs & Executives
Isiah Thomas is Chairman and CEO of Isiah International, a holding company with interests in a diversified portfolio of companies, founded in…
Macky TallCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Macky Tall is a Partner and Chair of Carlyle’s Global Infrastructure Group, which includes efforts across transportation, renewables, energy, power,…
KeJuan WilkinsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
KeJuan Wilkins is EVP, Chief Communications Officer at NIKE, Inc., where he guides all corporate, consumer and employee communications including the…
Latest News & Articles
Sean Combs Launches “Diddy Direct” A Service To Makes It Easier To Purchase His Sprites
Diddy Direct is a platform created for retailers and consumers to locate, request, and purchase Combs Spirits. The platform offers direct access to…
Financial Literacy for Black AmericansCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Financial literacy is the ability to understand and manage one's personal finances. It involves skills such as budgeting, saving, investing, and…
Jobs: Wendt Center Board of Directors Recruitment
The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, is currently recruiting for Board members who have experience in any of the following areas: Non-profit…
If You Like Our Content, Please Consider Making A Small Donation.
Recently Updated Black Entrepreneurs & Executives Profiles
Sim TshabalalaCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Simphiwe Tshabalala, is Group CEO and Executive Director of Standard Bank, Africa’s largest bank by assets and the 421th largest publicly traded…
Craig WilliamsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Craig Anthony Williams has served as the President, Geographies & Marketplace, NIKE, Inc. since May 2023, where he leads a cross-functional team…
G. Scott UzzellCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
G. Scott Uzzell is Vice President/GM, North America, NIKE Inc., since May 2023. He was previously President & CEO of Converse, Inc., where he was…
FTC: Black Entrepreneur & Executive Profiles is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links. You support us by using our links to buy products, it will cost you nothing extra.
We also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.