Ms. Gebreyes-Lalude is CEO and Founding Partner at Satya Capital Limited, an independent investment group focused on providing long-term growth capital. Which she co-founded in 2007 as a direct private equity investment vehicle with Sudanese billionaire Mr. Mo Ibrahim.
Mrs. Gebreyes has deep Financial services, international business, mergers and acquisitions, mobile commerce, technology experience.
- Mrs. Gebreyes was formerly Chief of Strategy and Business Development Officer at Celtel International, where she played an instrumental role in attracting capital for investments in Africa and was a driving force behind the growth of the business through multi-country expansion across Africa.
- Prior to Celtel, Mrs. Gebreyes was a founding partner of NAOF, a US $120 million private equity Fund currently managed by Zephyr Asset Management. She was responsible for the fundraising and closing of the Fund.
- Subsequently, she led investment activities and served as director on a number of operating company boards.
- She has also worked with consulting firms, McKinsey & Company and Citicorp.
Board and Advisor Roles
- Mrs. Gebreyes serves as a Board Member London Stock Exchange Group PLC, since 1 June 2021.
- She became an independent director of SES on 4 April 2013. She serves as Vice-Chairperson of the Board and is a member of the Nomination Committee.
- She currently serves as a Non-Executive Director of Avaana Capital.
- She currently serves as an ambassador for Positive Planet UK.
- She has served as a Non-Executive Director of Celtel International BV (1998 to 2000),
- She has served as a Non-Executive Director of Hygeia Nigeria Limited (2009 to 2015),
- She has served as a Non-Executive Director of ISON Group (2013 to 2018) and
- She has served as a Non-Executive Director of Sonae SA (2015 to 2019).
Philanthropy, Community Service and Memberships
- Mrs. Gebreyes was a Trustee of the global charity, Save the Children, from 2009 to 2010.
Mrs. Gebreyes has a BA from Rhodes College and an MBA from Harvard Business School.