Born: Milwaukee, Wisconsin;
Company: V & J Holding Companies, Inc. ;
Industry: Restaurants & Cafes;
Residence: United States;
Valerie R. Daniels-Carter is President & Chief Executive Officer of V&J Holding Companies, Inc. a company she started in 1982 with her brother John Daniels.
V & J Holding Companies owns and operates several fast-food franchises through its subsidiaries. It has about 40 Burger King restaurants in Wisconsin and Michigan, mostly in the Detroit and Milwaukee markets, through V & J Foods, while its V & J National Enterprises and V & J United Enterprises together operate more than 60 Pizza Hut locations in New York and western Massachusetts.
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Mrs. Daniels-Carter, is also a minority owner of the 2020/2021 NBA Champions, Milwaukee Bucks.
Board and Advisor Roles
- Ms. Daniels-Carter serves as President of the Minority Franchise Association of Burger King Corporation;
- Past President of Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.;
- Executive Board Member of the National Franchisee Association;
- Member of the Diversity Action Council of Burger King Corporation;
- Board of Directors for The Auto Club Group & AAA Wisconsin;
- Board Member of US Bank and Christian Stewardship Foundation;
- Board of Directors of Holy Redeemer Church of God In Christ;
- Chief Financial Officer for Auxiliaries in Ministries of the Church of God In Christ.
- Dr. Daniels-Carter received the Dominion Strong Men & Women Excellence in Leadership Award (2005);
- Black Women's Network Community Service Award (2005);
- Northwood University's Outstanding Business Leader Award (2004) and was recognized as one of Essence Magazine's Trailblazer in the Top 40 Inspiring African Americans (2003).
- She is also a recipient of the Women's Leadership Exchange Compass Award (2003);
- Women of Influence Award presented by the Business Journal (2003);
- Peak Performer Award presented by Junior Achievement (2003);
- Lifetime Accomplishments Award presented by the Milwaukee County Supervisors (2003);
- Trailblazer Award from North Milwaukee State Bank (2001);
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award presented at the Multicultural Prism Awards (2000);
- Top 10 Black Female Entrepreneurs (1999 & 2000);
- Black Enterprise magazine's Women of the B.E. 100;
- The Heritage Award from Spiritual Perspective (1999);
- The Business Award given by the National Rainbow PUSH Coalition (1997);
- The Alumni Award for Professional Distinction from Cardinal Stritch College (1993).
- Her company, V&J has received awards such as the Top 500 Women-Owned Businesses (Working Woman Magazine);
- Top 200 Restaurants in the U.S. (Restaurant Finance Monitor);
- Top 100 Black-owned Businesses (Black Enterprise Magazine);
Dr. Daniels-Carter is an outstanding life coach and a generous humanitarian. She stays grounded by engaging in local and international philanthropic projects.
She has been the catalyst for many causes, several which included hosting multiple health and wellness clinics in small African villages.
She created an initiative in conjunction with the Minority Franchise Association to build an “Educational Complex” for an orphanage in Kenya, Africa at Jubilee Orphanage Center.
She created and built COGIC Medical Clinics in Bondo and Nairobi Kenya, where she tirelessly discovers ways to bring “state of the art” medical equipment to the communities in East Africa.
Dr. Daniels-Carter started the Empowerment Initiative for Africa, Inc. where she acquired ninety-nine (99) acres of land in Accra, Ghana. In addition, she initiated 12 women into a program to start their own businesses whereby they would become self – sufficient. In four (4) years, this Female Entrepreneurship Program has grown to an astounding 910 women business owners.
Dr. Daniels-Carter was instrumental in the drilling of a water well in Kenya, East Africa and surrounding communities which serves over 28,000 families. She has supported and mentored several entrepreneurs in the United States in the launching and/or expansion of their businesses.
Dr. Valerie Daniels-Carter graduated from Lincoln University with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. In 1984, she earned a Master’s degree in Business Management from Cardinal Stritch University. Dr. Daniels-Carter received Honorary Doctors of Humane Letters from Cardinal Stritch University in 2008 and Lincoln University in 2016. In 2019, she was inducted into the National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame joining an elite group of successful African-Americans honored recipients.
Please Support Our Partners
This week's selection of outstandng Black entrepreneurs & executives
David L. StewardCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Born: July 2, 1951, Chicago, Illinois, United States;
Position: Chairman & Founder;
Company: World Wide Technology…
Recently Added Black Entrepreneurs & Executives
Isiah Thomas is Chairman and CEO of Isiah International, a holding company with interests in a diversified portfolio of companies, founded in…
Macky TallCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Macky Tall is a Partner and Chair of Carlyle’s Global Infrastructure Group, which includes efforts across transportation, renewables, energy, power,…
KeJuan WilkinsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
KeJuan Wilkins is EVP, Chief Communications Officer at NIKE, Inc., where he guides all corporate, consumer and employee communications including the…
Latest News & Articles
Sean Combs Launches “Diddy Direct” A Service To Makes It Easier To Purchase His Sprites
Diddy Direct is a platform created for retailers and consumers to locate, request, and purchase Combs Spirits. The platform offers direct access to…
Financial Literacy for Black AmericansCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Financial literacy is the ability to understand and manage one's personal finances. It involves skills such as budgeting, saving, investing, and…
Jobs: Wendt Center Board of Directors Recruitment
The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, is currently recruiting for Board members who have experience in any of the following areas: Non-profit…
If You Like Our Content, Please Consider Making A Small Donation.
Recently Updated Black Entrepreneurs & Executives Profiles
Sim TshabalalaCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Simphiwe Tshabalala, is Group CEO and Executive Director of Standard Bank, Africa’s largest bank by assets and the 421th largest publicly traded…
Craig WilliamsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Craig Anthony Williams has served as the President, Geographies & Marketplace, NIKE, Inc. since May 2023, where he leads a cross-functional team…
G. Scott UzzellCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
G. Scott Uzzell is Vice President/GM, North America, NIKE Inc., since May 2023. He was previously President & CEO of Converse, Inc., where he was…
FTC: Black Entrepreneur & Executive Profiles is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links. You support us by using our links to buy products, it will cost you nothing extra.
We also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.