Asuncion C. Hostin is a managing director in Krollâ€™s Business Intelligence and Investigations division. A former Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, Asuncion has noteworthy expertise in the investigation and prosecution of complex criminal matters. Asuncion also has experience in labor and employment, antitrust, civil and criminal securities enforcement, securities fraud, and internal and external investigations, and she is fluent in Spanish.
Prior to becoming an Assistant U.S. Attorney, Asuncion was a staff attorney for the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice where she investigated and litigated anticompetitive mergers and acquisitions. She served as counsel to a large New York law firm where she handled white-collar crime and labor and employment law matters, and was also of counsel at a securities litigation boutique. She has lectured extensively on labor and employment and white-collar crime issues and instructed on evidence at Pace School of Law. Asuncion is also the legal contributor for CNN's flagship morning show â€œAmerican Morning."
Education & Recognition
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- Binghamton University , B.A.
- 2005 Appointed Member, Labor and Employment Committee, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- 2001 Department of Justice Directorâ€™s Award Nominee
- 2000 Appointed EEO Mediator
- 1999 Special Achievement Award, U.S. Attorneyâ€™s Office for the District of Columbia, Child Sex Crimes