Born: c. 1992, Lagos, Nigeria;
Position: Co-Founder & Co-CEO;
Company: Esusu Financial, Inc.;
Industry: Financial Services;
Residence: United States;
Nationality: Nigerian, American;
Abbey Wemimo, is the Co-Founder of Esusu Financial, Inc., since January 2018. Founded in 2018 by Abbey Wemimo and Samir Goel, Esusu is a financial platform that was created on the premise that where you come from, the color of your skin, and your financial identity should never determine where you end up in life.
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Immigrated to Minneapolis from Nigeria in 2009 at age 17 with his mother.
- Lost his father at 2 year old.
- Co Founder, Esusu
- Founder, Clean Water for Everyone
- Deals Consultant - M&A Professional, PwC
- Founder, Open Aid Initiative
- Operational Risk Management, Goldman Sachs
- Consultant, European Commission
- Program, Clinton Global Initiative
- Summer Associate, Accenture
- Queens Young Leader, Issued by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, Jan 2016.
- The Abbey - Young Alumni Award, Issued by University of Minnesota, Oct 2015.
- Dean's Scholarship, Issued by Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service of New York University.
- Ellen Schall Experience Fund for Public Service.
- Hammad Fund International Leadership Award, Issued by NYU Wagner.
- Presidential Service Award, Issued by New York University.
- Young Africans Committed to Excellence Award (YACE), Issued by Face2Face Africa.
- Queens Young Leader 2016, Leading Change, University of Cambridge
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) & Non-Profit Management Policy, International Relations and Affairs, New York University
- Public Policy and International Affairs Fellow, Public Policy and International Affairs, University of California, Berkeley
- BS, Business Management, University of Minnesota Crookston
Please Support Our Partners
This week's selection of outstandng Black entrepreneurs & executives
David L. StewardCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Born: July 2, 1951, Chicago, Illinois, United States;
Position: Chairman & Founder;
Company: World Wide Technology…
Recently Added Black Entrepreneurs & Executives
Isiah Thomas is Chairman and CEO of Isiah International, a holding company with interests in a diversified portfolio of companies, founded in…
Macky TallCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Macky Tall is a Partner and Chair of Carlyle’s Global Infrastructure Group, which includes efforts across transportation, renewables, energy, power,…
KeJuan WilkinsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
KeJuan Wilkins is EVP, Chief Communications Officer at NIKE, Inc., where he guides all corporate, consumer and employee communications including the…
Latest News & Articles
Sean Combs Launches “Diddy Direct” A Service To Makes It Easier To Purchase His Sprites
Diddy Direct is a platform created for retailers and consumers to locate, request, and purchase Combs Spirits. The platform offers direct access to…
Financial Literacy for Black AmericansCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Financial literacy is the ability to understand and manage one's personal finances. It involves skills such as budgeting, saving, investing, and…
Jobs: Wendt Center Board of Directors Recruitment
The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, is currently recruiting for Board members who have experience in any of the following areas: Non-profit…
If You Like Our Content, Please Consider Making A Small Donation.
Recently Updated Black Entrepreneurs & Executives Profiles
Sim TshabalalaCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Simphiwe Tshabalala, is Group CEO and Executive Director of Standard Bank, Africa’s largest bank by assets and the 421th largest publicly traded…
Craig WilliamsCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
Craig Anthony Williams has served as the President, Geographies & Marketplace, NIKE, Inc. since May 2023, where he leads a cross-functional team…
G. Scott UzzellCreated by BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com
G. Scott Uzzell is Vice President/GM, North America, NIKE Inc., since May 2023. He was previously President & CEO of Converse, Inc., where he was…
FTC: Black Entrepreneur & Executive Profiles is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links. You support us by using our links to buy products, it will cost you nothing extra.
We also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.