Abbey Wemimo, is the Co-Founder of Esusu Financial, Inc., since January 2018. Founded in 2018 by Abbey Wemimo and Samir Goel, Esusu is a financial platform that was created on the premise that where you come from, the color of your skin, and your financial identity should never determine where you end up in life.
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Immigrated to Minneapolis from Nigeria in 2009 at age 17 with his mother.
- Lost his father at 2 year old.
- Co Founder, Esusu
- Founder, Clean Water for Everyone
- Deals Consultant - M&A Professional, PwC
- Founder, Open Aid Initiative
- Operational Risk Management, Goldman Sachs
- Consultant, European Commission
- Program, Clinton Global Initiative
- Summer Associate, Accenture
- Queens Young Leader, Issued by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, Jan 2016.
- The Abbey - Young Alumni Award, Issued by University of Minnesota, Oct 2015.
- Dean's Scholarship, Issued by Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service of New York University.
- Ellen Schall Experience Fund for Public Service.
- Hammad Fund International Leadership Award, Issued by NYU Wagner.
- Presidential Service Award, Issued by New York University.
- Young Africans Committed to Excellence Award (YACE), Issued by Face2Face Africa.
- Queens Young Leader 2016, Leading Change, University of Cambridge
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) & Non-Profit Management Policy, International Relations and Affairs, New York University
- Public Policy and International Affairs Fellow, Public Policy and International Affairs, University of California, Berkeley
- BS, Business Management, University of Minnesota Crookston