Jennifer Nwankwo, Ph.D., is the Founder & CEO of 1910 Genetics Inc., since May 2018. Ms. Nwankwo is of Nigerian descent. The company launched in March 2021 after closing its $22 million Series A funding round. Backed by M12 - Microsoft's Venture Fund and Playground Global, 1910 Genetics integrates AI, computation and biological automation to accelerate the design of small molecule and protein therapeutics.
- Founder & CEO, 1910 Genetics
- Management Consultant, Bain & Company
- Director of Business Development, Transparency Life Sciences
- HHMI Fellow, Sickle Cell Disease Drug Discovery, Boston Children's Hospital
- HHMI Fellow, Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Medicine
- R&D Associate, Chemical & Pharmaceutical Profiling, Novartis
- R&D Associate, Oncology Drug Discovery, Novartis
- R&D Associate, Biotherapeutics Discovery Research , Eli Lilly and Company
- HHMI-SC Life Fellow, Protein Biochemistry, Claflin University
- Raymond & Beverly Sackler Fellow, Biophysics & Biochemistry, Yale University
- HHMI Fellow, Molecular Genetics, George Washington University
Board and Advisor Roles
- MassBio DRIVE Review Board, MassBio
- Member, Council of Champions, Life Science Cares
- Mentor & Judge, Healthcare, MassChallenge
- Member, Board of Directors, Sick Cells
- Planning Committee Member, New England Science Symposium, Harvard Medical School
- Tufts University Presidential Award for Citizenship & Public Service, Issued by Tufts University - Office of President Anthony P. Monaco, MD, Mar 2016.
- ASH Abstract Achievement Award, Issued by American Society of Hematology (ASH), Oct 2015.
- ASH Minority Graduate Student Abstract Achievement Award, Issued by American Society of Hematology (ASH), Oct 2014.
- HHMI International Student Research Fellowship, Issued by Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), Aug 2013.
Philanthropy, Community Service and Memberships
- Founder, Tufts New England Case Competition (TUNECC)
- Ph.D., Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics (Focus on pain and age-related cardiometabolic diseases), Tufts University School of Medicine.
- Doctoral Research in Hematology & Platelet Biology (Focus on cardiovascular & anti-thrombotics), Harvard Medical School.
- Postgraduate Certificate, Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Development & Regulation, Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development.
- BS, Biochemistry, Claflin University.