Kanye Omari West, is the founder and sole owner of the fashion brand Yeezy, which sells clothing and sneakers in partnership with Adidas. The brand was valued at $3 billion according to a Bank of America document from 2019 reviewed by Bloomberg.
Yeezy was on track to generate $1.3 billion of shoe revenue in 2019, a 50% increase from a year earlier, according to Bank of America. Forbes.com estimates Mr. West receives a royalty of around 11% of Yeezy revenue.
Yeezy is Mr. West’s largest asset according to his personal account, David Choi. Who provided an unaudited balance sheet that puts Mr. West’s net worth at $3.15 billion.
Forbes conservatively estimates Mr. West’s net worth is closer to $1.3 billion.
- Yeezy USD $1.09 billion.
- Music Catalog USD $90 million.
- Other assets include four houses in California, two in Hidden Hills, one in Thousand Oaks and another in Calabasas, as well as properties in Wyoming and his native Chicago. USD $150 million.
Mr. West, who is best known for his music career, announced that he was $53 million in debt in 2016. His debt load in early 2020 is estimated at $100 million for mortgages and other liabilities.
Mr. West is also the founder and head of the multi-disciplinary creative content company DONDA.
As a fashion designer, he has collaborated with Nike, Louis Vuitton, and A.P.C. on both clothing and footwear.
Kanye Travel Ventures ("KTV"), was formed in July 2007, as an independent subsidiary of West Brands LLC.
He established West Brands LLC., in the early 2000’s as a holding company to oversee his business interests.
Mr. West released his debut album The College Dropout in 2004 to critical and commercial success, and founded the record label GOOD Music. He previously worked as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records in the early 2000s, producing singles for several mainstream artists (Jay Z, Nas, Beanie Sigel, etc.).
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Mr. West is married to businesswoman and socialite, Kimberly Kardashian West (m. 2014). They have 4 children together.
- He was a big supporter of the U.S. President Donald Trump.
- Owns a ranch near Yellowstone National Park with about $300, 000 in livestock.
Mr. West is one of the world's best-selling music artists, with over 140 million records sold worldwide.
- He has won a total of 21 Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all time.
- The Chicago Chapter's Recording Academy Honor.
- The Billboard Artist Achievement Award.
- Three Brit Awards for Best International Male Solo Artist and
- The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
- Three of his albums have been included and ranked on Rolling Stone's 2012 update of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list, and the same publication named him one of the 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time.
- West is the tied-holder for the most albums topping the annual Pazz & Jop critics poll with four.
- Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2005 and 2015.